There are two (2) ways to get Louisville police reports:
- Electronically – You can order your police report here: (https://www.buycrash.com/). This is by far the easiest way to obtain your report.
- The report will cost $10, however, you can pay with a credit or debit card.
- You will need to know the date of the accident, the responding police department, and one of the following: Your Driver’s License Number, Incident Report Number, or Police Officer’s Badge Number.
- Typically, you will be given an police crash report order card by an officer with this information on it.
- Upon making payment, you will have a PDF version of your report that can easily be emailed to your Louisville KY Personal Injury attorney.
How to Get Louisville Police Accident Reports
2. You can pick up your report in person downtown at:
Louisville Metro Police Department (LMPD) Records Division
701 West Ormsby Avenue, Suite 001
Hours are 8 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday
* TAKE NOTE! Accident Reports are not public records. As such, only an involved party, involved insurance adjuster, or attorney involved in the case may order it.
Text us at 502-890-9114 today to schedule a free consultation.
Louisville Police Reports
For Louisville residents that have been involved in an accident it’s a good practice to seek out and acquire a copy of your Louisville police reports. The cost is low, and this document will be useful as you navigate the insurance process, and auto body repair process. They can be especially helpful if you’ve been injured or are engaged in some other type of lawsuit.